Terms and Conditions
Terms and Condition for All Suppliers and Sub-Tier Suppliers
Supplier shall send Order Acknowledgement of price and delivery dates within 48 hours of receipt of Purchase Order. Receipt of Order Acknowledgement is an acceptance of the Purchase Order and binds Supplier and Sub-Tier Suppliers to the requirements listed in this document.
Supplier shall flow down to the sub-tier suppliers the applicable requirements in this purchase order, including any key characteristics where required.
Supplier shall ensure that personnel has competent training, and understands their contribution to product and service conformity, product safety, and understands the importance of ethical behavior.
Supplier shall establish a control plan to prevent the purchase or issuance of Counterfeit Parts or material. The supplier shall maintain a documented traceability system to track material and/or parts from delivery, inspection, processing, testing, and verification. The control plan shall manage the quarantine of suspected or unapproved parts to prevent delivery to the supply chain or J&J Spring, Enterprises, LLC. Material and part substitutions are prohibited.
Supplier shall notify J & J Spring Enterprises, LLC of any Non-Conforming or Counterfeit product or material within 24 hours, and gain approval for product disposition.
Supplier shall notify J&J Spring Enterprises, LLC of any change in product and/or processes, suppliers, and/or manufacturing facility location, and when required, for approval.
Supplier shall afford right of access to J&J Spring Enterprises, its customers, or any regulatory authorities at any time to review applicable records, perform verification and/or validation activities, as well as the flow down to sub-tier suppliers for the aforementioned parties, at the Supplier’s premises.
Parts/material must be packaged to eliminate/reduce any possible damage, deterioration, or loss while in transit. The package must be labelled to ensure adequate identification to ensure proper on-time delivery.
The purchase order number and any material numbers must appear on all correspondence, invoices, shipping documents and containers.
Packing list and Certificate of Conformance must accompany each shipment.
Applicable records shall be retained for a minimum of 11 years, unless otherwise stated in this purchase order. Supplier must notify J&J Spring Enterprises, LLC for disposition of records at the end of the retention period, with the opportunity to obtain records for archive, at no additional expense.
Supplier must hold all information received from J&J Spring Enterprises, LLC as confidential, and no third-party request for information will be granted unless expressly authorized in writing by J&J Spring Enterprises, LLC.
J & J Spring Enterprises will score Suppliers based on Quality, Delivery, and/or Service. Suppliers will be issued corrective actions as warranted.
Design and development do not apply to J&J Spring Enterprises, LLC’s Suppliers.
+/- 10% Allowable in Quantity for Raw Material Shipment.
The supplier must identify the following:
- The processes, products, and services to be provided including the identification of relevant technical data.
- The approval of products and service, including the methods, processes, and equipment; the release of products and services.
Each shipment must be accompanied by one legible copy of statement of conformance unless otherwise noted in the purchase order. A certificate of conformance supplied with the shipment must include at least the following:
- Supplier Name, part number, revision number, purchase order number, quantity, date, and authorized supplier representative.
- Material Certifications must show analysis of the chemicals and physical properties. Certification must reference all related specifications requested on the purchase order.
- Certification must show type of heat treatment and specifications, hardness range, percentage or amount of parts tested, tensile test results (as applicable by part), type of test performed, specifications and any other information required by the drawing/specification. A laboratory performing a test shall be identified and any certifications signed by tester.
- Passivation Certificate of Conformance must reference the process specification used. Magnetic Particle Inspection/Penetrant Inspection Certificates shall reference specifications used, number of pieces tested, with results, signed by a certified tester.
- Shot Peen Certificate of Conformance must reference specification (if required), test method, and intensity.
- Plating Certificate of Conformance must list the specification used, including the revision, type, and class (if applicable).
Supplier and sub-tier suppliers must use the following statistical techniques for product acceptance, unless otherwise noted in the purchase order:
For Outside Processes or Finished Goods:
Use C=0 sampling plan with an AQL of 1 or 100% inspection
For Raw Material:
Chemical Composition = frequency once per heat
Tensile Properties = Once per heat & heat treat batch
Surface Inspection = 100% visual on each bar or piece
For calibration Purchase Orders, all gauges and instruments must be calibrated using standards whose accuracies are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the General Conference of Weight and Measures, or fundamental or natural physical constants. All provided calibration certifications must specifically state this traceability.
Supplier must maintain a quality/inspection system that will ensure all goods and services conform to contract requirements whether manufactured or processed by Supplier or procured from Sub-Tier Suppliers.